Friday, June 26, 2009

You might be a child of the 90's if...

...you remember the days long before the existence of blogs like this, heck before anyone actually even needed to know how to use a computer!

I found this hilarious list of things that you most likely are familiar with if you were a child of the 90's. I was born in 1984, so I spent my fair share in the 80's, but really, reaching age 6 and entering the world of grade school really opened my eyes to the world. The world in the eyes of a child in the 90's.

Here are some of my favorites from the list :)


You yearned to be part of the Baby-Sitters club.

You got super excited when it was Oregon Trail day in computer class at school.

You took plastic cartoon lunch boxes to school (Mine was Little mermaid).

You remember the craze and then the banning of slap bracelets (It was rumored that someone actually died using a slap bracelet!)

You wore stirrup pants. (I actually wore gold animal-print stirrup pants. Yes…yes, I did.)

You played and or collected "Pogs." (Sometimes for fun and sometimes for “keeps”.)

All your school supplies were "Lisa Frank" brand. (I love love loved Lisa Frank. My dream was to own a Lisa Frank Trapper Keeper.)

You used to wear those stick on earrings, not only on your ears, but at the corners of your eyes. (Oh and on your finger nails!)

You thought it would be so cool to be Alex Mack. (I read all of the books too…)

“Portable” phones only worked up to the edge of the front yard.

You owned many teenage mutant Ninja Turtle accessories. (I had the bike collection with spoke beads.)

You made those little paper fortune cookie things… and then predicted your life with them.

If you even know what an original walkman is. (I used to steal my Mom’s Paula Abdul tape all the time.)

You use to love playing with your MY Little Pet Shop.

You thought Gak was the coolest thing invented.

You watched the OJ Simpson Bronco chase live on TV. (And listened to the court decision on the radio IN SCHOOL!)

You wondered: Where in the world is Carmen San Diego?

No comments:

Post a Comment