Thursday, January 28, 2010

Love Letters...

When the air is this cold, every bit of moisture freezes, static electricity sneaks up and gives me random shocks and clingy pants, and the sun decides it would rather hang out in the southern hemisphere, leaving me seasonally depressed and in much need of vitamin D. This first winter without skiing being a major part of my schedule is starting to take its toll. I refuse to feel oppressed however! My Scandinavian roots and hearty Minnesotan ways are no match for the winter blues. I am arming myself with fresh produce, scarves, uplifting iTunes purchases, kickboxing classes and LOTS of moisturizers! So much so that I have decided to express and write a few love letters...


Chap-stick
I have known many a lip balm in my life, but you, my blue-tubed friend with SPF 15, are truly special. You smooth my lips and moisturize with lasting effect. Instead of leaving me chapped 30 minutes later, you actually heal the damage done by the cruel dry air. I also can't deny that your delicious flavor makes it all the more delightful to press my lips against you. If this isn't love - I don't know what is.

True Blue Spa "Lay it on Thick" Lotion
Dearest new little bottle of lotion, there is so much about you that I love. Your Shea butter, macadamia nut oil and vitamin E make my dry, chapped hands soft, silky and sweet-smelling. Since you came into my life, I have said goodbye to tiny cracks and hangnails. Never before have I met a cream as greasy and thick as you, and that is just what I was looking for. You are just what I needed. You complete me.

 
Jergen's Natural Glow Lotion
Although we don't get together as often as we probably should (I just don't have the time or energy), when we do, your magical ways make me glow. Unlike those oompa-loompa-orange self-tanners, you give barely a hint of color and transform me from anemic albino to a healthy glow. You smell a tad awkward but are very tolerable when compared to the tuna-melt stench I have experienced with others. So, every now and then, when I have to dress up and show some leg or the skin on my upper arms and neck, I will invite you back into my life for a rejuvenating fling. You are the sunshine of my life... in the winter.

1 comment:

  1. I love this! you are hilarious!!! i especially enjoy your little winter fling!

    ReplyDelete