Another awesome recipe discovery! Not to difficult, although I would recommend getting pre-grated ginger. That part was a bit tedious and I almost grated my fingers off. I would also recommend adding more vegis because the ratio was a bit off. This would also be very good with shrimp instead of chicken. Also broccoli and more carrots and maybe some bean sprouts too. Yum. This one's a keeper!
- 1 pound thin cut chicken breast meat, available packaged in meat case of market
- Grill seasoning (recommended: Montreal Seasoning by McCormick)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, 2 turns of the pan
- 2 tablespoons minced ginger root
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large red bell pepper, seeded and very thinly sliced
- 1 cup packaged shredded cabbage and carrot mix
- 3 scallions, chopped on an angle
- 1/2 cup plum sauce
- 2 cups basil leaves, loosely packed
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1/2 head iceberg lettuce, cut into half again
- 1/2 seedless cucumber, chopped
Thinly slice the chicken into strips and sprinkle with grill seasoning.
Heat a large skillet to screaming hot. Add vegetable oil, then chicken. Cook chicken 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Add the ginger, garlic, peppers, cabbage and carrot mix and scallions and stir-fry another 2 minutes. Add plum sauce to glaze the mixture, toss 1 minute, then add basil and wilt leaves. Add fish sauce and turn to coat. Transfer cooked chicken and vegetables to a bowl. Place spoonfuls of chicken into a piece of lettuce with cucumber and fold lettuce over to eat, like small tacos.