Friday, September 25, 2009

Fake sewing

I don't really know how to sew.
I try, but I usually end up breaking things. Jacob found this amazing old sewing machine on the side of the road this summer. He brought it in and had it "fixed" up. I finally worked up the courage to try and create something. I was so motivated. I decorated a shirt and was super happy with it, so I went out and bought a bunch of supplies to make a half-a-dozen more. Then I broke it.
So, thankfully the machine is pretty sweet looking, because that's all I am going to do with it ever again... just look at it. I also get to look at the pile of stuff I bought that's sitting next to it.  It's not my fault. I'm shopping for something more user-friendly. Suggestions are welcome. Here's the one thing I made...














1 comment:

  1. ...and by "made," I mean stitched pieces of fabric onto. It's very raw and unfinished looking. It was supposed to look like that. I didn't set the bar high. I had to be able to reach it. So much for lofty goals...

    ReplyDelete