Thursday, May 7, 2009

Dad, I need you to help me fix my wheel...

Called my Dad yesterday to ask if he could help me re-thread the hole where the setting screw was missing on my pottery wheel. Jake had taken it to the store to get a new one but it was all chewed up - no good. I know my Dad has re-threading tools and figured he could fix it - no problem. For some reason, however, I was having a really hard time explaining this situation to my Dad.

I described to him the removable wheel and how the screw or bolt that attached it to the "spinning part" was missing. He was very confused. I tried a different description. He didn't get it. I told him I couldn't get a new bolt because the threads were all torn up and that the wheel wouldn't spin until I could re-thread it. Did that makes sense? No. He was getting really frustrated. I could see the look on his face by his tone. His forehead was scrunched, brows ruffled. Usually I am pretty good at descriptions, once I get enough words in, but I was failing miserably.

"Dad, all I need to do it re-thread the hole where the screw tightens the wheel to the spinning mechanism!"

"The screw!?! You mean the lug-nut? How many lug-nuts do you have!? You should have six!"

The light bulb turned on.

My dad thought I had destroyed the wheel on my car. Hahahahaha... no wonder he was so frustrated with me :) I guess I do call a lot about truck issues, so it makes sense.

Haha... I laughed pretty hard... maybe you had to be there though...

No comments:

Post a Comment