Monday, May 4, 2009

AMACO No 1 30901 E



Here it is! My new wheel. Well, not new. It's kinda used. Really used. It's from a high school and it's pretty dirty right now. By the end of the week I hope to have it all shined up. I'm in the process of pricing out wet clay and kiln space. This is not an inexpensive investment, but it's completely worth it! I'm hoping that if things work out, I may try and have enough creations for an end-of-the-summer art fair. I'm thinking maybe Powderhorn? Not sure if they would have me - I'll have to check it out. I knew that someday I would own my own wheel, but I didn't think I'd be able to get one so soon! Now I'll have to start scoping out kilns. Unfortunately, apartment living does not allow for kiln operation, so maybe I'll have to start scoping out homes... scratch that - I'll start pushing my dad to let me set up a kiln in the backyard... haha, yeah right - better just look into renting kiln space for now. Why do I always choose the most expensive hobbies?

No comments:

Post a Comment